Halvik is a highly successful company that puts people first, and we are looking for someone just like you. We are committed to delivering smarter IT-driven solutions bolstered by quality and innovation to help our customers succeed. Come be a part of something truly special!
We are looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center SOC in Fairmont, WV/Boulder, CO in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA. The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations, and standards for Security Operations Center SOC analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting shift coverage
- Perform incident handling responsibilities with direct interface to customers and management team
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Operate freely to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Provide teaching / mentoring junior levels
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant background to operate within the scope contemplated by the level or a Master's with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior background performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong systematic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification is required
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity exposure.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with a grasp of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures TTPs.
- Familiarity or background in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and background performing monitoring and replying to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable
Halvik offers a competitive full benefits package including:
Company-supported medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD insurance
Benefits include 11 federal holidays and PTO.
401k with company matching
Flexible Spending Accounts for commuter, medical, and dependent care expenses
Charitable Contribution matching
Halvik Corp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.