Halvik is a highly successful company that puts people first, and we are looking for someone just like you. We are committed to delivering smarter IT-driven solutions bolstered by quality and innovation to help our customers succeed. Come be a part of something truly special!
What You Will Do:
This position will be responsible for serving as the primary data warehouse architect for a data services/visualization platform for a federal agency. The architect will lead the design of data lakes, data warehouses, and visualization services for that data. The architect will work with data/cloud engineers to design data pipelines to ingest, clean and transform both batch and streaming data.
Specific roles inside an AWS environment include:
- Leading the design of data warehouses, data lakes and datamarts including both the logical and physical models.
- Assist in soliciting and assessing requirements for the data warehouses/data lakes among data consumers/analysts, visualization specialists, programmers, and engineers.
- Optimizing the design and tuning the performance of data warehouses for efficient loading and high performance for data queries.
- Facilitating change control processes for the data model within the repositories including integrating with CI/CD pipelines.
- Designing and implementing a metadata repository to be used for data discovery/catalog services across the enterprise.
What You Need:
Data Warehousing/Data Architect Experience 10+ years.
- Data Architecting a data lake and/or data warehouse model including defining the use of standard conventions using cloud components AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS Aurora Postgres.
- Creating logical and physical data models for data repositories containing a number of heterogenous sources.
- Optimizing data warehouses for high performance for varying types of use cases high frequency loads, large loads, high frequency queries.
- Implementing various archiving and partitioning approaches to optimize data ingestion, data storage costs and meet data retention requirements.
- Designing strategies for handling slowly changing dimensions.
- Data Cataloging Experience 5+ years
- Architecting a data cataloging strategy for a myriad of data sources pulled into a data lake and warehouse. Implementing a data catalogue on a cloud platform
- System architecture Experience 5+ years
- Architecting and manager the security roles for a data lake and pipelines
- Use of Infrastructure as Code IaC tools to deploy pipelines and components
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership including translating complex technical concepts into specific and understandable technology recommendations.
- Use of integrating visuzlization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Socrata, with data lakes and data warehouses.
- Use of Big Data tools including Apache Spark, Databricks, Sagemaker and MLFlow.
- Experience with Azure data tools including Synapse and Data Factory.
- Experience designing data models for transactional applications.
- Experience with data replication, high availability, and data migrations tools and techniques.
Halvik offers a competitive full benefits package including:
Company-supported medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD insurance
Benefits include 11 federal holidays and PTO.
401k with company matching
Flexible Spending Accounts for commuter, medical, and dependent care expenses
Charitable Contribution matching
Halvik Corp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.